A nice little practical bit of kit, this belt hanger is hand-made for us in Melbourne by Chris of Avenue Road Leather Works. It comes with your choice of a trigger (claw-like) snap or a bolt snap. On one side of the loop is a stamped Murray & Smyth logo.
- Trigger snap: 14 cm long (when loop is closed) including snap
- Bolt snap: 15 cm long (when loop is closed including snap
- 2 cm wide leather loop
- 3 mm thick leather loop
Important notes about wear
The matte black hardware on this item is manufactured using a process known as PVD, which results in a superior scratch-resistant when compared to anything else on the market (Read more about PVD here). Having said that, after testing a PVD fob for 12 months, really treating it badly, banging it daily against keys, it has lost some of its black finish, leaving a patina that is actually quite nice. But it’s important we’re honest about this and that you purchase it knowing what to expect in terms of wear.
About the garment
- Getting into leather goods was not an easy decision. It’s an ethical dilemma. We do wear leather ourselves – Doc Martens, belts, football boots etc, and what we noticed is that some imitation leather, and many leather goods, do not last. Some normally reputable brands will use cardboard to thicken out a belt and the result is a product that just doesn’t stand-up. As a result of this reflection, we’re offering leather that should last if looked after.
- We source the leather lengths used in these belt hangers from Leffler Leather in Melbourne. They source their leather from a tannery in Italy run by Lloyds SPA. For more details about the leather, visit: https://www.nutiivogroup.com/en/tanneries/#LLOYD
- The hardware we use is sourced from The Buckle Guy, a USA company with a manufacturing facility in China.
- The matte black hardware on the item is manufactured using a process known as PVD, which results in a superior scratch-resistant when compared to anything else on the market (Read more about PVD here).