Woody Guthrie’s famous quote, “take it easy, but take it” has resonated with us for a long time. It encapsulates an approach to life that balances taking a principled stance on social and environmental issues with enjoying life. Working for the common good is important, but for many of us the prize is taking it easy (rather than the activism itself – although of course that has its own social rewards). This design uses a mix of hand-drawn illustration and digital tools. The print itself is lovely and soft, utilising super opaque water-based ink.
This t-shirt style is unisex, and fitted (but not tight). Please refer to the manufacturer’s size chart to assist in choosing your size (or contact us for guidance).
About the garment
- We print the featured designs on our t-shirts in-house using water-based inks, which require no chemicals for clean-up. The inks we use are manufactured in Sydney by Publisher Textiles or Permaset. Their inks hold up really well, but are soft to touch.
- As well as the great fit and durability, we’ve chosen to print on Earth Positive t-shirts because of the manufacturer’s commitment to ethical labour practices and having minimal impact on the environment. Check out Continental’s Clothing’s website for their credentials.
- We hand-print our t-shirts ourselves. Screen printing is a tried-and-tested method with quality results. Any signs of hand-printing won’t detract from this quality.
- The small size neck labels on the inside of the shirts are printed with plastisol inks – this is to avoid the label showing through when worn, which happens with water-based inks. We print these in bulk to reduce the white spirits used in clean-up.
- These t-shirts hold their colour well. But even so, we wash on a cycle with water temperature of 30 degrees celsius or lower and line dry.
- For an even longer-lasting tee, try drying it inside-out in the shade – it may outlast you!
- The great thing about screen printing with water-based inks is the print holds up really well.